Wednesday 2 July 2014

Cocker cuts yet more shapes!

After another hard but rewarding day at the school, we are all beginning to see our plans coming together. Numerous hours of hammering and painting have paid off, which has been made evident by the increasing difficulty to keep the pupils out of the outdoor learning area.
The Zambia team were invited to a social evening with the Bishop of the Pentecostal Holiness Church in Zambia and the teachers of Greater Joy School. I know I can speak for everyone when I say it was a fantastic experience being able to get to know the different members of the community, and enjoying the delicious food that the cooks once again prepared for us. We took part in prayers led by Ospeck, the Pastor of Greater Joy and enjoyed 'cutting shapes' on the dance floor with the church community, I'm not sure how our macarena, led by Mr Cocker, was received by the locals! We were also treated to gifts by our overwhelmingly kind guests - we were each given a Zambian scarf...apparently 30 degrees is cold here!
It was an amazing experience to be a part of, and it really hit home that the work we are doing here is greatly impacting and highly appreciated by the local community. Tomorrow, as our final day, will certainly be very emotional and more than a few tears will be shed!

By Katie

2 comments:

  1. I knew that this post was by Katie just from seeing the title and I'm rather jealous I missed Cocker's dance moves. Katie I don't trust you with that hammer! I hope you all have a great last day at the school and return extremely proud.
    Callum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even me here back in the UK, reading this blog being your last day tomorrow am getting a little emotional. Enjoy every last minute of your remaining time. What a credit you all are to yourselves, great work Team Zambia x x x

    ReplyDelete