Saturday 29 June 2013

In the market.

It was wonderful to see our students venture into the hubbub of the market in Kitwe. The sights and smells, the sounds and the sheer joy of being somewhere so different was great. Our students dealt with the unfamiliar notion of bartering in a way that would have any parent or teacher swell with pride. They conducted themselves superbly and even formed into groups to 'bulk buy' to get better deals! Clever stuff! Obviously I cannot possibly tell you what they bought because that would spoil the surprise wouldn't it?
On a personal note I am so impressed with the students' attitude in general that I can hardly put it into words. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not easily impressed...but I am with this group of young people.
Mr Goodall

No comments:

Post a Comment