Wednesday 3 July 2013

Team Zambia

This trip has been absolutely amazing. I can't quite put in to words how incredible this past week or so has been but I'll try anyway!

Everyone on the trip will agree that we've all changed a lot since we've been here. It's been challenging, emotionally and physically, but we've come out stronger, knowing we've changed these children's lives forever. Personally, I've found my time here inspiring and eye opening. It's made me realise how lucky I am to have had such an excellent education at Roding Valley and how fortunate I am to have the opportunity to continue my education at Sixth Form. Although I've always been ambitious, this trip has made me realise that I really am capable of achieving my dreams if I work hard enough.

Team Zambia is indestructible, we've all become a lot closer over the last week and we've had so much fun. When resting in the hotel all we've been doing is planning for the next day and relaxing! After a long day's work in the scorching African sun, it's lovely to relax with such chilled, funny people. 

We've mainly spent the last few days painting the school, but today spent some time bonding with the students. It's been exhausting but so satisfying. There's no better feeling than looking at your work and thinking "wow, we did it". At the start of the first day painting, we could never have expected us to do as much work as we did, so I'm very proud of Team Zambia!

It's been one massive adventure and I'm so grateful for all the donations and support we have had. It's really changed my outlook on life and has undoubtedly shaped me as a person, for that I can't thank you enough. 

Hope everyone at home is alright, we'll be home safely soon! 

Jess xx

2 comments:

  1. We're all fine here Jess. Lovely to read your blog this evening. We are missing you but we're so pleased it has gone so well and that you've bonded as a team. You've all achieved so much and we're proud of you all. With all our love Mum, Dad and Mark XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Jess. You guys have all worked so hard to get there and, judging by the pictures, really hard since you've been there, that it is us that should be thanking you for being such amazing ambassadors for our school.

    Have a safe journey home. Looking forward to hearing lots more stories.

    ReplyDelete