Saturday 6 July 2013

The end of our adventure

We are all home safe and sound and a little exhausted from the journey, nethertheless we all have the mammoth task of unpacking ahead of us. Already I am missing being in Zambia with everyone and would have loved to stay longer, it will be strange not having to rush to get ready in the mornings, and I think we will all miss the friendly children and staff at Greater Joy. Only now looking back on our time in Zambia have I realised how much we have managed to do, we painted a whole school, five class rooms, ceilings, walls, blackboards and the outside in a few days, as well as teaching the children and experiencing the culture of Zambia. I think the trip has changed me and has definitely made me appreciate all that I have, it has also made me realise that I would love to work in similar projects in the future and would love to go back to Greater Joy. I would like to thank everyone involved from the students on the trip, the teachers, all of the staff at the school, everyone at Beyond Ourselves and everyone who helped us raise the money. I would recomend the trip to anyone, despite the hard work I had a truly amazing time, thank you for the opportunity of a lifetime.

Paige

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed catching up and reading these blogs over the weekend. What an amazing and life changing experience for all involved.

    ReplyDelete